Do you struggle with discomfort, pain, or tingling after sitting for several hours? These problems could be a result of a poorly designed workspace or bad office chair. You see, we are living in a fast-evolving world, and people hardly get sufficient time to stay at home and take care of themselves. Most people have to spend at least seven hours a day in the office, doing their job. If the office chair is badly designed, it could lead to serious health issues. But you can avoid these problems by purchasing a new ergonomic chair. An ergonomic chair is specially designed to deliver maximum comfort and support to your spine, back, neck, and arms.
This article discusses the top 10 best ergonomic office chairs of 2020 to provide readers with accurate and useful information to help them make the correct decisions when buying office chairs.
If you don’t have budget constraints, why not go for probably the best ergonomic office chair. Herman Miller Embody Chair ranks first in our list of top 10 best ergonomic office chairs of 2020, thanks to its excellent features. It is specially designed to stimulate blood and oxygen flow in the body to help keep you relaxed and ‘floating’ throughout the day. It has a unique design at the back, known as an exoskeleton, which mimics the human spine. The exoskeleton moves along with the body posture throughout the day, which helps maintain the right body posture, making it easier to sit for long hours.
- An exoskeleton backrest – A human spine-like designed back which moves with the body throughout the day to lower backpressure.
- It has a human skin-like textile covering, which helps to promote proper blood and air circulation. It keeps you cool throughout the day.
- 12 years of warranty
- It is 95% recyclable
- Available in over ten colors
- Adjustable seat length
- Sturdy graphite frames that can last for a long time
- No dedicated head or neck support
This award-winning office chair is one of the finest ergonomic chairs of 2020. It uses LiveBack technology that allows the back to adjust to your body automatically. The problem with most office chairs is that they don’t allow a lot of freedom of movement, but Steelcase Gesture chair’s armrests are exceptionally designed to allow different body postures. You see, the human body changes positions regularly to remain comfortable. Adjustable armrests accommodate this natural restlessness by enabling you to sit in different positions where your body is supported.
- It is uniquely designed to adapt to different body postures
- Uses unique LiveBack technology which mimics neck and spine movements
- Adjustable height
- Unlike most office chairs that offer little or no freedom to various body movements, the Steelcase Gesture Chair allows you to move and align your body in any posture you like.
- An elegant design that looks fabulous in any work station
- Adjustable height ensures maximum comfort
- 100% Steelcase warranty
- Arms can be extended in and out as well as up and down
- It is made of steel which makes it incredibly durable
- Steelcase Gesture Chair is heavy (70 pounds) and may prove difficult for some people to move it from one place to another.
Herman Miller Aeron Chair was the first ergonomic chair to replace soft foam cushions with a woven seat and back design. If you are not working on a budget, this is a beautifully designed office chair that won’t disappoint. The Aeron Chair was first designed in 1994 and has created a huge following over the years as the office chair that started ergonomic fascination.
- Kinemat tilt mechanism allows the neck, knees, shoulders, spine, hip, and ankles to pivot naturally.
- The chair’s ‘waterfall’ front edge ensures proper blood circulation to your thighs and legs
- Its pioneering PosturerFit mechanism keeps the spine aligned to avoid back pain.
- Unique breathable follicle suspension that helps to keep you cool even after sitting for long hours.
- Provides remarkable back support for the price
- Professional look
- Fully adjustable arms
- Adjustable height
- Patented Kinemat tilt mechanism, which keeps you comfortable in various postures.
- It lacks a dedicated neck support
Yet another incredible office chair by Herman Miller. Herman Miller Sayl Chair was the first ergonomic chair by Herman Miller and is an excellent option if you are working on a budget. It is made using recycled materials and is available in different colors.
- 3D intelligent back – the chair’s unframed 3D intelligent back allows you to stretch and move freely.
- PostureFit support – allows the spine to maintain its natural shape
- Adjustable height
- Comes in various colors
- Beautifully designed office chair
- Its PostureFit mechanism helps takes the pressure off the spine
- It is way more superior than other office chairs in that price range
- Perfect for people who experience back sweat when working for several hours
- Doesn’t include a dedicated head/neck support, but you can purchase a secondary neck rest
Thanks to its incredible features, the steel Leap Fabric Chair makes it to our list of the top 10 ergonomic office chairs in 2020. You see, not everyone can afford to use more than $1000 to buy an office chair. But that doesn’t mean there are no great office chairs under $1000. Leap Fabric chair is a remarkable option for people with budget constraints. It is actually the best selling ergonomic office chair by Steelcase.
- LiveBack technology – mimics the S shape of the spine throughout the day
- Natural glide system – it glides to accommodate your posture when you sit in various postures
- Over 90% of this exceptional chair is recyclable
- Adjustable height and width
- Its gliding technique accommodates your posture in any position
- Its LiveBack technology enables its back to conform the shape of your back helping to keep you relaxed
- It has a plastic base and hence not as durable as some of the metal options available
Serta is a mattress manufacturing company but has nonetheless produced one of the best ergonomic office chairs. Serta Mid-Back Office Chair is a budget-friendly office chair that has a feel and looks of an expensive ergonomic office chair.
- Back in motion technology – you can tilt the chair forward to promote strength and flexibility of the core
- Adjustable height settings
- Big-diameter rolling casters
- Layered body pillows to offer support and comfort
- Beautiful design
- Comes in different colors
- Back in motion technology helps to keep your spin in its natural position
- Cushioned headrest and cushioned body pillows
- May not be appropriate for you if you sweat a lot since its back does not allow air circulation
The Aeron chair may be popular, but Haworth Zody Chair is a worthy competitor. It is the only chair to have been recommended by the American Physical Therapy Association. It may not be an appealing chair to the eye compared to other chairs, but its focus on ergonomics and science sets it above most office chairs.
- It has a unique asymmetrical support system that helps to take the pressure off your lower back
- It has a pelvic pad on its back that helps to keep the spine in its S shape
- 3-point tilt mechanism
- The passive pelvic pad keeps the spine in its natural position
- Adjustable seat height and arms
- The arms slide just too easy
With amazing features for its price, Alera Elusion Swivel Chair is another incredible seat in our list of top 10 ergonomic office chairs.
- It comes with a breathable fabric mesh at its back which helps to keep you cool when working
- Contoured seat cushion with waterfall edge which helps to prevent back pain
- Supportive back
- It backs is designed to allow air circulation which helps to keep you cool throughout the day
- It is budget-friendly
- Adjustable armrest
- It lacks some of the adjustment technologies of more expensive chairs
This is a unique chair that stands out among most office chairs. It combines ergonomics with luxurious genuine leather, which makes it truly unique.
- 3D armrest with an adjustable height
- A dedicated neck/head support
- Adjustable height arms and height
- The leather used to make this chair is superb quality, which gives the chair a grand look
- Adjustable features such as tilt and slide mechanisms help to prevent back pain
- Its dedicated neck support makes it perfect for people suffering from neck pain
- The leather may scrape after a while since it is not that thick
- Back ventilation is limited
This incredible seat is the last pick in our list of the top 10 ergonomic office chairs of 2020. It is beautifully designed and has great features. This would be a perfect pick for any office.
- A breathable mesh back
- Its back is perfectly contoured to offer natural lumbar support
- Adjustable armrests
- Breathable headrest
- Fully adjustable
- Dedicated head/neck support
- The curved headrest is perfect for support
- A breathable mesh back and headrest helps to keep you cool
- Only available in black