Standing desks can provide comfort to those who have trouble sitting for long periods of time. They can also help keep you active and your blood and muscles moving instead of remaining in a state of no movement. If you work at your desk for the majority of the day, you have probably come across the feeling at multiple times of feeling tired or stressed. A standing desk has been proven to help relieve stress and make you feel more active. It can also increase productivity and relieve muscle tension.
We’ve looked through many standing desks on the internet and have narrowed our choices down to 5 winners. If you are looking for the perfect standing desk for your room or office, take a look at the following top 5 best standing desks of 2020.
The VIVO Stand Up Desk Converter is different than your typical standing desk, and we figured we’d mention it because of the affordability as well as convenience it provides.
Instead of the classic standing desk that works as an entire desk, this desk converter is a smaller tabletop desk that only takes up three feet of space on your desk. Instead of your whole desk moving up and down, your smaller converter desk moves up and down instead.
- The desk is spacious at 36” x 22” that can hold one large monitor or two smaller monitors, and an extra 25” x 10.5” tray that folds down to hold your keyboard.
- The adjustment range goes from 6.5” to 17” which gives you an additional foot and a half of height from your normal desk. This is usually enough height for most people.
- The desk comes in four different colors: black, white, dark wood and light wood to match the aesthetic of your current desk and your room or office.
- 33lb lift assist springs help you lift your monitor(s) and keyboard in one swift motion.
- This desk comes with a 3-year manufacturer warranty as well as tech support to answer any questions and concerns you have.
- While this is an affordable alternative to classic full-size standing desks, some find that this desk doesn’t provide enough space for their monitors.
- Speaking of space, your papers, documents, and other items on your desk will remain at the same level causing you to reach down for things or lean/bend over if you need to write something.
Overall, this desk is an affordable option for those who just need their monitor and keyboard raised at times when they need to stand while working. If you can get past the downside of only having a small area of your desk being raised, this converter desk can be a nice choice.
The SHW adjustable height desk is a medium-sized desk that comes with some very nice features. Considering the features this desk provides, it is also one of the most affordable full-size standing desks on the market.
- The electric lift system provides a completely motorized lift that goes from 28 inches to 46 inches tall, which is high enough for almost everyone.
- The desk has telescopic height adjustment, which provides added stability for when you have a lot of weight on your desk. Some flimsy desks may shake or wobble at tall heights, but this desk is built strong.
- The legs of the desk are made of industrial steel adding to the durability and strength. It can hold up to 110 pounds, which is more than enough for most computer and desk setups.
- The space of the desk is 48” x 24” which is 4 feet wide by 2 feet deep, providing space for large monitors and multi-monitor setups.
- The 4 memory preset options allow you to have four different heights for multiple people or specific heights. This allows you to have heights for sitting, standing, leaning, and other scenarios.
- You can get this desk in a cherry wood, light cherry wood or oak wood style.
- The tabletop is a two-piece board, and although when the desk is put together it turns into one flat surface, some people don’t like the feeling of the tiny lip that gets created between the two surfaces.
Overall, if you can get past the two-piece tabletop board, and enjoy one of the styles of this desk, it is one of the sturdiest standing desks you can find.
The Progressive Automations adjustable standing desk is one of the largest on our list with tabletop dimensions of 60” x 30”. There are many different styles and colors to choose from, and for how well-designed this desk is, the price is still very affordable.
- There are a wide variety of colors and styles. You can choose from 6 different tabletop colors and 3 frame colors to match the aesthetic of your office or room, including frame colors like white, gray, and black, and tabletop styles like dark walnut, maple woodline, silver ash, veranda teak, and more.
- While some desks focus more on the electronics and less on the tabletop, this desk doesn’t choose one or the other. The tabletop is scratch-resistant and stain-resistant with a long-lasting finish.
- There are 4 memory positions you can create to have specific heights when you want them.
- The dual motors in the legs are very quiet and have a soft start and stop, which means you’re desk, and everything on it, won’t suddenly jerk as the table starts moving or comes to a stop.
- The height adjustment goes from a minimum of 23.5 inches to a maximum of 49 inches, giving you a wide range of heights for sitting and standing.
- The weight capacity of 270 pounds is one of the strongest on the market.
- For some people, this desk is just too large for their office or room. Make sure this desk will fit your space before purchasing.
Overall, this is our number one pick of standing desks. Everything with this desk is built professionally and with the end user in mind, and the large flat surface and single tabletop with stain-resistance and scratch-resistant surface makes this a winner.
The Edison Electric Versa Tables adjustable standing table has the largest surface out of all of our picks, and for some, this may be way too big for their office. For others, this is perfection. Also, this desk has extra features, like an under-desk mount that holds your computer, an extra keyboard platform under the desk, and a pole mount towards the back of the desk that can hold dual monitors or one very large monitor.
For those that enjoy a stylistic and feature-packed standing desk, this is a solid choice.
- Lifts your desk from as short as 25 inches and as tall as 50 inches, making this perfect for people of any height.
- Customize the keyboard tray height, dual monitor mount, and under-table computer mount to fit your setup perfectly.
- The tabletop is stain-proof and scratch resistant.
- You have 3 choices of styles, including an all black surface and frame, an all white surface and frame, and a cherry surface with a black frame.
- The desk has an enormous 72” x 30” tabletop that can fit everything you need on the desk.
- The electronics in this desk are well-designed and can last a lifetime. They are built with a soft start and stop function and allow you to adjust between multiple preset memory heights.
- While this desk has a lot of features, this desk is enormous, and that is why this is advertised as a perfect desk for a classroom or large office. Consider measuring the area where you want your desk before you purchase this. If it will fit, it is an excellent desk that the manufacturer says can last a lifetime.
Overall, this desk has the most added features and benefits, and is the largest adjustable standing desk on the market. While it is on the more expensive side, it still isn’t as expensive as other desks that have real wood surfaces and other features. This desk works great in many scenarios, and the customer service at Versa are friendly and will help you with what you need.
The Flexispot electric stand up desk is an affordable stand-up desk that has similar features to those desks that are twice the price. It comes in a white frame with a white top, and is equipped with a decent tabletop size of 55 x 28 inches.
- The 55”x28” workspace is a good size for multiple monitors, keyboards, laptops, and other office supplies.
- The tabletop is one-piece, unlike some other desks that come in two pieces.
- The desk is very affordable, and for all the features that come with this, you can’t get a much better price than this.
- The adjustable height can go from a minimum of 28 inches and a maximum of 47.6 inches, providing a good height for anyone.
- The desk can hold up to 154 pounds, which means you can add multiple monitors, computers, and many other office supplies and other weighted items.
- There are 3 memory presets that you can program so that you can always have the perfect height in different scenarios.
- If you don’t like a white frame with a white tabletop, this desk only comes in that style.
- If you are looking for a larger desk or extra features to expand the desk or customize it, you might want to search for a more customizable desk.
- While the desk is very strong, it can be a little wobbly at the tallest height if you pack on a lot of weight. While it isn’t a huge concern, some don’t like the feeling of a wobbly desk.
Overall, this is a good choice for those that don’t have the money for the desks that come with extra features, functions, and customizable options. This desk comes in one style of white frame with white table top, and if that’s the style you like, this is a great choice.
If you want different style choices and the ability to customize your desk before or after purchasing, there are other desks that may fit your needs better. The extra features and customizable functions come at a price, though.
Each of the top five standing desks that we mentioned in this article are different in their own regards, and each one will be appealing to specific people. It all depends on the features you are looking for as well as how big your space is.
If you already have a nice desk, and simply want to add a stand-up desk converter on your tabletop at an affordable price, the VIVO stand up desk converter is the perfect option for you.
If you are going for the largest standing desk you can find that comes packed with features like customizable keyboard trays, dual monitor pole setups and under-table computer mounts, the Edison Electric Versa Table is your best bet.
If you are looking for a medium sized desk that comes with the same durability and basic features of adjustability and preset adjustment options, the SHW adjustable computer desk is a great choice, and also comes in different styles.
If you want a larger desk with the same adjustable height features, but you also want to be able to choose from a wide variety of frame colors and table top finishes, the Progressive Automations adjustable standing desk is a great choice.
And if you are looking for affordability while still having a decent desk that can do many of the same things that other adjustable standing desks can do, the Flexispot is another highly-sought after desk.
Every one of these desks has their pros and cons, and your choice will come down to your preferences in style, size, and the number of features and customizations you are interested in. Out of the five desks mentioned in this article, you are sure to find one that will fit your space and add to the aesthetic of your room or office wonderfully.